Etna excursions are so many that you, that are an adventure lover, would like to do them all! Leave with us for a Mt Etna tour.
Etna Excursions: tips and things to know
To choose among the various Etna excursions that one that is right for you, let’s focus on this volcano better, whose history has its roots in a distant past.
- The tour Mount Etna, that is also known as Mongibello, include the visit of this volcano that originated in the Quaternary, about 12 thousand years ago. Etna has always been visited, so that the tour Mt Etna attracts visitors from all over the world who are fascinated by its majesty and by the many opportunities that the volcano offers
- From June 2013, do one of the many Mount Etna excursions, also means visit a place declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Do one the Mt Etna excursions can also give you the feeling of being on the top of the world, because of the height of the volcano that, with its 3,326 meters of height, is the highest in Europe.
- The cities from which it is easier to leave for Etna excursions are Catania and Messina. Etna belongs to the territory of Catania, so that it is an essential destination among all the Catania excursions. If you reach Sicily from the city of the strait, you can also book a Messina Mount Etna tour.
- Among the most popular and recommended Etna excursions there’s the possibility to walk around the Silvestri Craters, which will give you the thrill of walking on the extinct craters, as well as the to stop in one of its wine bars to warm up with the tasting of good local wine, or for the more adventurous, take a bike ride or go trekking. In addition, you can also choose to take the cable car to reach the almost summit of the volcano or the tourist train to enjoy the landscape in absolute relax and at the same time learning about the place where you are. To learn more about Etna excursions and its prices, visit Etna excursions section of our website.
These are some of the main news about Etna excursions.
Etna excursions are one of the best attractions in Sicily Italy, because offer also the possibility to come in contact with a unique flora and fauna untouched by human hands.
Now, if you are quite sure to undertake one of the Etna excursions proposed, the advice we give you is certainly to bring with you enthusiasm for the adventure that you are about to undertake, since it is not a common experience visiting a volcano that is still active! In addition to this, it is highly recommended to wear comfortable and warm clothes because, given the height, is very cold even during the summer season. Don’t forget the camera, because if you are lucky and welcomed by Etna during a day with good visibility, you can immortalise the volcano and its inhabited slopes, until it reaches the sea in front of the city of Catania.
All you have to do is fill your bags with the little you need to enjoy your Etna excursions: enthusiasm, comfortable clothes to wear, and a great desire to amaze you! Discover Messina will be happy to accompany you during this fantastic experience! Visit the website to find out which of the various Etna excursions proposed is that one that you are looking for.